8.25.2011

Thursday Thrift Store Roundup

yup, new feature. Or should I say first feature.

I pass this suzani-esque pillow every morning on the way to work. I believe it is the Arthritis Foundation Thrift Store, on 3rd and 83rd.

I love it. Price? $450!! Only in NYC...

Next, I stopped at Thriffany during lunch yesterday which is on 1st and 75th. There prices are usually pretty steep so today I went in for pure browsing. First, loved this brass and glass coffee table:


$225. Yikes. It's pretty reminiscent of these, which sadly did not work out in the new apartment. I tried them together as a coffee table, as end tables, as nightstands. No go. Major bummer


Cute trestle table:

No price. Would be cute as a dining table for a small space, desk, or entry console.

Great great couch. Looked and felt brand new:


$800 marked 30% off... $560! crazy. Luckily it had a big ol' SOLD sign on it or Jason would've come home to an extra couch in the living room. Also love the surfboard style coffee table in front of it. I think that was 200 something.

Then, after work I made my daily stop by Housing Works on 77th and 3rd. Housing Works is like NYC's fancier Goodwill. They even had a Groupon.

I've been eyeing this desk the passed few days:


It's rare to see something there more than 1 or 2 days. But it's marked $150, which is steep for this store, thankfully. But then today the whole store was 25% off. So I rushed home and measured the desk nook and confirmed it was definitely too deep for the space. Just as well, $150 would make it the most expensive piece of furniture in the whole apartment so far...

Also saw this set of 4 upholstered, clean chairs:


Ok, not the best fabric, but really they looked nicer in person. And for $75 for the set, they are a pretty basic shape to reupholster.  Sent a pic to a friend in need of chairs and she said nay. Oh well.



No comments:

Post a Comment