8.19.2011

Oui

Jason and I have talked about going to Paris for awhile now, so seeing france related things makes us happy. We recently brought home this map from the flea market:


Its cute but the color of the mat was so blah. Instead of buying ($$) a new one, I just painted the old one. I went to Home Depot to pick up one of the little Glidden samples for the project, only to find that every single blue was empty. BUT, I took a glance at the "oops paint", and sure enough there was a great color in the painter/primer semi gloss! A whole gallon cost only $7. I can use it for 194834 projects. 

I removed the glass and the frame, but let the print against the mat. It was all taped perfectly and centered and stuff.... I really didn't feel like re-measuring everything. So I just slid index cards between the two and painted away:


And voila!


I know, the placement is super awkward. But its covering the circuit breaker. I couldn't look at it anymore. I can much more easily look at France in a weird spot. If only I could cover up the heater also... 


No comments:

Post a Comment